Friday, May 28, 2010

Seasons.

Life is all about seasons. There are seasons in weather, seasons with people, with work, seasons of life. There are times when you get to the end of a season and cannot wait until the next one starts. I feel like there are times in life when you feel like you are in the middle of a freezing winter and you literally cannot wait until you see the beginnings of spring. Other times in life you feel like you are in the middle of a wonderful summer and are not looking forward to the shorting of the days and brisk weather that fall brings along with it. As crazy as this past year has been, I’m having a hard time seeing the beginnings of the next season. It is exciting and it’s new but it is so unknown. I know that as I move home, get settled back in, am able to process this past season and prepare for the new one coming, I will be so excited about next year. Senior year. There are so many incredible things coming up and I wouldn’t be able to experience them without this year coming to an end. It is just hard saying good-bye. Saying good-bye to good friends who are graduating, residents who are leaving for home, my dorm, my roommate who I have lived with for three years… but I get to say hello to an internship at a pregnancy clinic this summer, to wonderful summer memories with friends, plenty of weddings, getting to be a resident coordinator next year in a cool apartment and two new awesome roommates. It is going to be so great. One of the things that God has taught me a lot about this year is how to truly feel. I feel like I have always been pretty in touch with my emotions but through walking along side women as they are hurting, I have learned how to feel more deeply. I know that the love that I feel for my family and my friends is only a glimpse of the love that our Father has for them. Along with that the pain that I feel for others as I watch them go through something difficult is also only a glimpse of the pain God feels for them. I have loved coming to that realization. Surprisingly, it was not an easy one to come to. With all of that, learning how to feel more deeply has left me hurting more as I am saying good-bye. I see it as a blessing. I am so incredible thankful for this past year and the fact that I feel this sad as it is coming to an end just shows how wonderful it all was. I am so blessed. I have the most amazing family. I get to go to a school that I L-O-V-E and am learning so much from. This season is coming to an end but the next one is just beginning and I know it will bring so many great and unexpected things with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment