Sunday, May 23, 2010

Junior year: check.

One week from today I will be heading home for summer. It is amazing to me that it is this time of year already. It truly feels like I was just moving back to school at the beginning of August and now, in the blink of an eye, it is the end of May. This year has been one full of growth, challenges and wonderful memories. I feel like I have learned so much about myself. I have gotten to live on a floor filled with incredible women. These women have taught me so much about what it means to be a woman of God. They have taught me how to cling to God amidst pain and suffering that comes along with this life. As each girl comes to mind, I have no doubt that God handpicked them to be on the floor this year. I have been so blessed with my group of friends. I have learned a lot from them. They have challenged me and encouraged me in so many different ways. They have been examples of solid men and women of Christ. Supporting me in every aspect of this year. I have laughed, cried, made amazing memories, been stretched, taken out of my comfort zone, prayed harder than I ever have, made new friends, really missed some of my old ones, and as crazy as it all was I am able to sit here, look back and say, it was good. There were a lot of changes, some that were extremely difficult others that I welcomed gladly. God has been teaching me that in my daily walk, I will be victorious only to the degree that I trust Him. The devotional that I read this morning said, “I can help you only as you ask. I will meet you at every point where you put action alongside your prayers.” Wow. It is a mix between both prayer and action. How often do we sit down and pray about something and then forget all about it? God has been taking me out of my comfort zone in so many ways and He has been teaching me that even though we may feel inadequate, He wouldn’t place us in a situation He knew we couldn’t handle. Now that is a comforting thought. “No case is too hard for Me. Never be taken by surprise when I use you to change a pattern. Do not judge man by what he appears to be, but see him as what he can be if he gives himself unreservedly to Me.” God is doing some big things within me and I am excited to be able to look back on this time of my life and hopefully be able to see everything He is doing, or at least part of what He is doing. I can’t believe that I am finishing up my junior year of college. Only one more until I graduate! I am looking forward to what God is going to do with the time I have left at Biola, well, at least as an undergrad (;

No comments:

Post a Comment