Friday, July 8, 2011

Imagine.

As I was sitting in Starbucks yesterday morning, there was a group of people sitting at the table next to me. There were three older men and an older woman, they were probably all in their 70's. As I sat there I could hear bits of their conversations, they were all sharing memories from their pasts. They were talking about how daring they use to be and the adventures they use to go on. I sat there thinking for a moment about my life, where I am at now, things I have done and things I still long to do. I thought about how I am at the age that they were when they were doing those daring things and going on those adventures. It really got me thinking about how one day, God willing, I will be in my 70's...What do I want my stories to be about? Am I going to play it safe or am I going to take calculated risks? Am I just going to go through the motions or am I going to live my life with reckless amendment? I don't want my life story to be one full of crazy adventures just for the sake of having a good story to tell one day but I want it to be full of crazy adventures because I lived my life only fearing one thing and one thing only: the Lord. I often get caught up in the "what if" game and sometimes the people closest to me have to call me out on that. I know I'm not the only one that falls into that. Imagine what our lives would be like if we stop worrying about what could happen. Imagine what our lives would be like if we stop fearing failure. Imagine what our lives would be like if we cared more about what the Lord wanted us to do than what would bring us financial security. Imagine if we spent more time seeking guidance from the Lord instead of seeking it from gossip magazines and TV shows. Imagine the possibilities. I deeply believe that Lord allows us to have moments like these, moments that cause us to pause and reevaluate ourselves and the way we are living. Every moment gained is another moment passed. I want my stories to be about boldness and courage. I want my stories to be about love and forgiveness. I want my stories to be about moments when I was obedient, about my trust for the Lord and the simplicity of my love for Him. I want my story to be the one He created me to tell. What do you want your story to be about?

No comments:

Post a Comment