Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fig leaves and skinny jeans.

Genesis 3:7, "Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves." As I was reading this morning this verse called to me. I re-read it a few times before sitting there in wonder basking in the love of my God. I wonder if God didn't create man and woman with the ability to realize they were naked so that if even only for a brief moment in time, they didn't have to worry about their clothes or style. They didn't have to worry about size and Adam didn't have to hear the question, "Does this fig leaf make my butt look big?" from Eve. It is evident that God did not intend for us to worry about those things or anything else for that matter. It is a tool of the enemy. If we are worrying about other things, then our focus has been shifted off of Him and onto whatever it is we might be worrying about. God needs our full attention and through Him and His grace, He will allow us to focus on other things. The list of those "other things" can be found in His Word and the last time I checked, the things this world tries to convince us are important, didn't make the list. There are so many things in this world that need our attention. How incredible would it be if we started focusing a little more on those things and spent a little less time trying to find the perfect pair of skinny jeans? Our mindset needs to be an eternal one. Even as I type this I am reminded that I need to be living this way. That my mindset needs to be an eternal one and that I need to be less focused on whatever my "fig leaf" is and more focused on the things the Lord desires for for my focus to be on. My prayer is that the Lord will reveal to me the things that have taken my focus off of Him so that I can refocus on the one thing that truly deserves my attention: my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment