Thursday, May 19, 2011

Time me.

We serve a faithful God, one who answers prayers and blesses us in ways we can never imagine. I have been praying that this week, in the midst of all the craziness of school coming to an end, that God would use me. That He would provide me with opportunities to serve Him and slow me down enough to not only see them but take Him up on them. It is easy for me to become so focused on everything I need to do during this time of the semester that I miss out on opportunities the Lord has provided for me. So, I prayed and of course, at 9:00pm the night before a 25 page assignment is due, He took me up on that prayer. It is those situations that you sit there asking yourself, "Is He calling my bluff or do I trust Him enough to believe in His timing?" I desire to be a woman with callus' on my knees from how much I'm on them talking with the Lord but with that, I need to desire to be the type of woman that when I stand up, I am actively waiting and watching for the Lord to answer. I want to be the type of person that crosses the road for another, in fact, we are called to be that type of person. It is amazing what happens when we trust in the Lord and in His timing. We serve the Author of time. He can supernaturally multiply our time and tonight, I was able experienced that first hand. We often rush from one place to another, as least I do. We even play games with people like, "time me" trying to get things done as quickly as possible. God placed you on this earth for a specific purpose. Can you imagine how effective we could be for the kingdom if we slowed down enough to see the need and to fill it the best way we could? God's plan is perfect and flawless and so is His timing, it's time we start living that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment