Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fall Semester of Senior Year: Check.


As I sit here listening to the rain fall outside and the sound of Christmas carols filling my apartment, I am filled with contentment and joy. I am simply amazed that it is this time of year again. Can it really be almost Christmas? Has this semester really come to an end? It never ceases to amaze me how fast time flies. I remember coming into this semester wondering what it was going to bring, feeling like it was going to be a big one but not truly knowing all that would entail. Now, here I am, sixteen weeks later, able to look back and see what the Holy Spirit meant by "big". It would take me forever to type up everything that happened, everything I have learned, stretching, being challenged, PRAYER, laughter, joy, it was a semester of being sharpened. God placed some incredible people in my life. People that I could go on and on about but basically, they are people that inspire me. People that make me desire a closer relationship with the Lord. I have learned so much about he Holy Spirit this semester. When believers live in the power of the Spirit the evidence is almost supernatural. Us as Christians cannot help but be different and in turn, the world cannot help but take notice. The more I learn about the Holy Spirit the more I realize that sometimes the prompting of the Spirit does not quite make sense. Do it any way. Be bold. Be courageous. Two things that are way easier said than done. I have been feeling deeper than I ever have before and that is a scary yet wonderful thing. When I look back on different situations that have come up this year and think about different conversations I had, I know without a doubt that there is no way I would have been able to handle those things on my own. It is empowering knowing I'm not in it alone. God is just so faithful and SO good. I know that years from now, when I think of college, I will remember this semester and smile. It has been filled with: random pool parties in the rain, plenty of good conversations, tons of prayer, laughter, trials, overcoming those trials, friendships beginning, sleepovers, living life with people...and to think, this year is only half over. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment